Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Fuel Gauge Wiring

Model: 2014 DFA 90

In replacing the cable steering under the console of the boat a few wires got tugged and now my fuel gauge isn't reading. I've traced the wires coming from the gauge and the only one leading to a disconnect is the blue wire. In this picture the wire going out the top of the picture goes up to the fuel gauge and is spade terminal connected. I'm not sure if this is power for the gauge or the light for night running.

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

The installation job the shop did is pretty sloppy, wires everywhere just zip tied together.

Appreciate any guidance on tracking down the problem with a volt meter or wiring diagram.

The normal setup for an analog fuel gauge is: Purple (I), to ignition and provides power at key on, pink (S) to the fuel sender, black (G) is ground and blue is the light. Blue is usually female to connect to a male blade on the fuel gauge and is daisy chained to other instrument lights. Black may also be connected to other gauges. The setup is dirt simple so look around carefully to see what got disconnected.
    Last edited by RayBersch; 06-10-2016, 11:43 PM.
    Ray
    2004 DF50

Comment

It's a shame that someone asks a question and does not even check back for answers.
      Ray
      2004 DF50

Comment

Patience everyone, its a small forum here and sometimes it takes a while for people to respond/reply!

Welcome anyway, Ray, and thanks for contributing! The more people that are willing to help others, the more use the forum is to everyone.

Comment

Thanks. I've been around awhile but spend most of my time over in the Yamaha forum - I have an F150. But I have been wanting to learn more about my perfectly flawless '04 DF 50 that is on my pontoon boat - have had it for 9 years - great machine. I just equipped it with an engine interface with an HDS 7 Touch, a very simple plug and play - took me a half hour - thanks to the info posted in a sticky on this site.
          Ray
          2004 DF50

Comment

Glad the info was helpful Ray. Networks usually are set up quite easily. I run a DF115 and show the engine data on a HDS5 and a Simrad GO7xse.

Ive also got a DF40a on a 4.3m Tinny.

The 50 is a great motor!

Comment

Originally posted by RayBersch View Post
              It's a shame that someone asks a question and does not even check back for answers.
              Sorry about that Ray, the info is greatly appreciated. Just started on the forum and honestly, right after I posted, the weather window was too good not to fish so I've been topping off the tank and hitting it.

Now that the wind is howling and seas are 5-7ft, I'll be digging into solving the issue.

Thanks again,
              TJ

Comment

No problem, just thought it odd - but certainly fish whilst you can - just add fuel.
                Ray
                2004 DF50

Comment

Working...
                X