Powerhead base gasket DF115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerhead base gasket DF115

Getting organized and ready to install the power head back on to its base unit.
    I see the base gasket is metal with what looks like a neoprene coating. Just wondering if gasket cement is required for installation or if the power head can just be set on the gasket as is and torqued down. I have a tube of the Suzuki silicone compound but not sure if I should put down a bead of that on both surfaces of the base gasket or not. Thanks for any info.
    Procrastinators Unite!!........tomorrow.

I talked with a Suzuki mechanic today and he told me that sealant is only required in two locations on the base gasket. He said apply a small line of the sealant, approx. 2", where the crankcase halves join or meet on the gasket and only needed on the powerhead side of the gasket not on the lower half. Thought I would post in case anyone else ever wonders.

Comment

From manual for DF100a

From manual
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antares580 View Post
        From manual
        Hi Antares580. I was talking about the base gasket. The page you posted refers to head gasket installation. Good info, but just not related to what I was asking about, thanks for taking the time to post it though.

Comment

Working...
        X